Sign at Fort Amanda

Ft. Amanda Monument & Park

Ft. Amanda Monument & Park

Address

State Route 198

7 ½ miles NW of Wapakoneta

Erected in 1812 under orders from General William Henry Harrison, Fort Amanda was a base of supplies for Harrison’s army during the War of 1812. The remains of 75 soldiers, each simply marked “Unknown Soldier, War of 1812” lie beside the Auglaize River. A gray, granite shaft monument was erected in 1915 marking the site of the first shipyard, first religious meeting house, first post office & first national cemetery. Open May thru October: Dawn to Dusk



ALERT COVID-19More Information Here