Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, Museum and Gift Shop

Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, Museum and Gift Shop

Address

2291 St. Johns Rd.

Maria Stein, OH 45860

Phone

419-925-4532

The Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics is a place of  peace, prayer and hospitality.   Founded in 1875, the shrine provides faith nourishment and spiritual renewal through opportunities for prayer and pilgrimage and inspiration from the lives of the saints. The shrine contains approximately 1000 relics of the saints and is the second largest collection of its type in the United States. Built in 1890, the shrine and the adjacent former convent were placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

The Heritage Museum, housed in a convent building of the early 1900’s, holds treasures from the area’s past, as well as of convent life. Featuring information and artifacts on the settlement of the area as well as the religious orders who served the early settlers, the museum is located in the upper floor of the National Marion Shrine of the Holy Relics. Donations gratefully accepted.



ALERT COVID-19More Information Here