Shanes Crossing Historical Museum
151 E Columbia St.
Rockford, Oh 45882
The Shanes Crossing Historical Society was formed in 1995 to celebrate the 175th anniversary of the town of Shanesville. Anthony Shane plotted the town on part of his Land Grant, on the north side of the St. Marys River. The town was later called Shanes Crossing and in 1890 the Post Office changed the name to Rockford. In the fall of 2005, the society was able to obtain the former Rockford Lumber Company store and have remodeled it. The town has moved their offices into part of it. The main showroom is now the SCHS museum and over the past few months, the members have collected and placed town historical items on display.